Summertime supper inspiration is here, by way of a quick and easy Mexican-themed recipe for these delicious Tequila-spiked chilli prawns, served with coriander. It takes minutes to prepare, it can be grilled either outdoors or indoors, depending upon your preference and it’s really tasty. Serve with sliced avocado, green salad and Mexican flat-breads for a wonderful, mid-week fiesta!
Tequila Chilli Prawns with Garlic and Coriander
500g raw king prawns
3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
Zest and juice of one un-waxed lime
½ fresh red chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp avocado oil
3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
1. Place the king prawns in a mixing bowl and marinate with all of the ingredients.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. If you don’t have enough time, you can grill the prawns straight away.
3. Set an outdoor charcoal or gas grill to a very high heat (or use a griddle pan if you are indoors). Once very hot, transfer the marinated prawns to the grill or pan.
4. Allow the prawns to grill for a minute or so on each side, till the prawns are coral and opaque.
5. When you are ready to serve, decant into serving bowls and sprinkle with the chopped coriander.